Eroilor Avenue ("Heroes Avenue")
Is a central avenue in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, connecting the Avram Iancu and Unirii squares. The northern side of the avenue was converted during the late 2000s into a pedestrian zone.
In the late 19th century and until 1919, the avenue was called Deák Ferenc utca. During the interwar era, the street was called Regina Maria, after Queen Mary of Romania; during the communist era it was named after Petru Groza, a Romanian prime-minister of that time.
Statuary group in the Central Park (Summer of 2013)
Central Park is a large public, urban park in central Cluj-Napoca. It was founded in the 19th century and it located on the southern shore of Someşul Mic River. The Park is now home to the University of Arts and Design and to the Chemistry Faculty of the Babeş-Bolyai University.
During 2012, the Central Park was site of an important restoration process, especially for the building of the Old Casino.
Unirii Square ("Union Square")
Is the largest and most important plaza in the Romanian city of Cluj-Napoca. The square is one of the largest in Romania, with dimensions of 220 m by 160 m. The centre of the city spreads out from this square. The St. Michael's Church, with the highest church tower in Romania (80m), is the second largest Gothic-style church in Romania. The church was constructed in two phases. The first from 1316 to 1390 and the second from 1410 to 1487. Also, the statue of King of Hungary Matthias Corvinus is located here.
Lake Chios in Cluj Napoca`s Central Park
After a walk in the park, the banks of the Chios lakeside are ideal to rest and admire the small island in its center, the wild ducks - which for years the lake is their home, or the moving boats and pedalos that slowly shine on the water.