Some would say that a city is particularly remembered for its meaningful history, its authentic culture or its high, long-lasting educational standards. Well, you can find all of these mixed in one city, and that is Cluj-Napoca!
Over the last decade, Cluj-Napoca has gained a place as a center for technological innovation, economic development and cultural enrichment on an international scale, is one of the most exciting European city and the most sought-after city in all of Romania.
Did you know that Cluj-Napoca…
- Is situated in Transylvania, the mysterious land the inspired Bram Stoker’s “Dracula”?
- Is the second most populated city in Romania after the national capital, Bucharest, due to its enormous number of students?
- Has a long tradition in education? Babes-Bolyai University, with its 21 faculties, gives you the opportunity to study in English, German, Hungarian, as well as in Romanian.
- It is over 2000 years old and at the time that it was founded, it was one of the most important cities in the Eastern part of the Roman Empire?
- Was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire? Its Germanic influence can still be felt in the city’s architecture and through long walks on narrow streets, during which you can listen to classical music played in the open air.
- Has a tremendously beautiful Botanical Garden, which contains various flora from different regions of the world, Greek-style architecture, as well as a Japanese Garden?
- Has a larger number of pubs and clubs than the number of chromosomes in your body? If you’re not sure, you definitely have to visit Piezișă Street.